MarketReady is an initiative sponsored by the City of Madison and administered by the Northside Planning Council as part of the Madison Public Market. MarketReady is focused on providing training, supportive services and micro-grants for entrepreneurs interested in becoming Madison Public Market vendors.
Guided by the mission of the Public Market, priority is given to applicants that belong to populations facing historic barriers to entrepreneurship, including low income populations, people of color, immigrants, women, displaced workers, veterans and LGBTQ individuals. Although MarketReady’s focus is supporting potential public market vendors, the program may also provide a springboard to other opportunities.
The application period for MarketReady closed on July 1, 2017. All applications received after July 1 will be added to a waitlist for the program. We will be in touch if space to participate opens up.
Services Offered by the MarketReady Program
- One-on-one business consulting services
- Invitations to peer networking events
- Referrals to other educational and financial services
- Monthly mentorship meetings with a business coach
- Additional technical assistance
- Access to micro-grants
- (Information Session) Sunday, June 25, 1-3 pm at Warner Park Community Recreation Center. Spanish interpretation services available.
- (Event) Saturday, June 24, 9:30 am – 4 pm at 100 State for The Chef’s Special: Food Showcase.
- (Information Session) Tuesday, June 6, 5:30-7:30pm at the Urban League of Greater Madison, 2222 South Park Street, Suite 200, Madison, WI.
- (Information Session) Sunday, May 21, 1-3pm at Centro Hispano, 810 West Badger Road, Madison, WI. Spanish interpretation services available.
- (Information Session) Sunday, April 30, 1-4pm at Badger Rock Neighborhood Center, 501 East Badger Road, Madison, WI. Hmong interpretation services available.
- (Public Market Development Committee Meeting) Thursday, April 6. Minutes available.
- (Public Market Development Committee Meeting) Thursday, March 2. Minutes available.
- (Public Market Development Committee Meeting) Thursday, May 4. The main topic of discussion was the latest site design concepts with updates on fundraising, outreach and the MarketReady Program.