The MarketReady Program is an initiative sponsored by the City of Madison and administered by the Northside Planning Council as part of the Madison Public Market. MarketReady is focused on providing training, supportive services and micro-grants for entrepreneurs interested in becoming Madison Public Market vendors.
Guided by the mission of the Public Market, priority will be given to applicants that belong to populations facing historic barriers to entrepreneurship, including low income populations, people of color, immigrants, women, displaced workers, veterans and LGBTQ individuals. Although MarketReady’s focus is supporting potential public market vendors, the program may also provide a springboard to other opportunities.
Applications are due by Saturday, July 1, 2017.
Services Offered by the MarketReady Program
- One-on-one business consulting services
- Invitations to peer networking events
- Referrals to other educational and financial services
- Monthly mentorship meetings with a business coach
- Additional technical assistance
- Access to micro-grants
MarketReady will host in-person information sessions at various community sites to answer questions about the program and application process. As more events are scheduled, they will be listed here and available on the MarketReady Facebook page.
- Sunday, April 30, 1-4pm at Badger Rock Neighborhood Center, 501 East Badger Road, Madison, WI. Hmong interpretation services will be available.