The MarketReady Program is an initiative sponsored by the City of Madison and administered by the Northside Planning Council as part of the Madison Public Market. MarketReady is focused on providing training, supportive services and micro-grants for entrepreneurs interested in becoming Madison Public Market vendors.
Guided by the mission of the Public Market, priority will be given to applicants that belong to populations facing historic barriers to entrepreneurship, including low income populations, people of color, immigrants, women, displaced workers, veterans and LGBTQ individuals. Although MarketReady’s focus is supporting potential public market vendors, the program may also provide a springboard to other opportunities.
Applications are due by Saturday, July 1, 2017.
Services Offered by the MarketReady Program
- One-on-one business consulting services
- Invitations to peer networking events
- Referrals to other educational and financial services
- Monthly mentorship meetings with a business coach
- Additional technical assistance
- Access to micro-grants
MarketReady will host in-person information sessions at various community sites to answer questions about the program and application process. As more events are scheduled, they will be listed here and available on the MarketReady Facebook page.
- Sunday, May 21, 1-3pm at Centro Hispano, 810 West Badger Road, Madison, WI. Spanish interpretation services will be available.
- Tuesday, June 6, 5:30-7:30pm at the Urban League of Greater Madison, 2222 South Park Street, Suite 200, Madison, WI. Please contact us to request interpretation services in your preferred language.
Meetings of the Public Market Development Committee are open to the public. This is a great way to learn more about plans for the Madison Public Market and to share your input. We will list upcoming Public Market Development Committee meetings and other related public meetings here.
- Thursday, June 1, 5pm at City County Building room 108, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Madison, WI.
- (Information Session) Sunday, April 30, 1-4pm at Badger Rock Neighborhood Center, 501 East Badger Road, Madison, WI. Hmong interpretation services available.
- (Public Market Development Committee Meeting) Thursday, April 6. Minutes available.
- (Public Market Development Committee Meeting) Thursday, March 2. Minutes available.
- (Public Market Development Committee Meeting) Thursday, May 4. The main topic of discussion was the latest site design concepts with updates on fundraising, outreach and the MarketReady Program.